Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day 31.... 13lbs in 30 days.

Where to begin in all that I feel I am learning on this journey. One thing is I know I am not alone in this race. There are many I know out there striving for a goal, a race to overcome those things that have easily beset them. Praise Yahweh we are overcoming! Here are a few things I feel I am learning about weight and about eating.

1. Pray. Pray to understand the reasons behind your habits.

2. Realize that is it not the weight you are battling, the weight is the harvest of what you have sown.

3. What are you sowing?

4. Cut the habit don't substitute it.

5. Walk in the fruit of the Spirit:
             Gal 5:22  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, trustworthiness,
             Gal 5:23  gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no Torah.

6.  The opposite of the fruit is:

             Gal 5:19  And the works of the flesh are well-known, which are these: adultery,1 whoring, uncleanness, indecency,
             Gal 5:20  idolatry, drug sorcery, hatred, quarrels, jealousies, fits of rage, selfish ambitions, dissensions, factions,
             Gal 5:21  envy, murders, drunkenness, wild parties, and the like – of which I forewarn you, even as I also said before, that those who practise such as these shall not inherit the reign of Elohim.


7. Go back to #5

8. PHILIPPIANS 4:13
             Php 4:13  I have strength to do all, through Messiah1 who empowers me.

These things have helped me to understand myself, my failures and my weaknesses! Praise be to our Heavenly Father who leads the way!

Psa 23:1  יהוה is my shepherd; I do not lack.
Psa 23:2  He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside still waters.
Psa 23:3  He turns back my being; He leads me in paths of righteousness For His Name’s sake.
Psa 23:4  When I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil. For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
Psa 23:5  You spread before me a table in the face of my enemies; You have anointed my head with oil; My cup runs over.
Psa 23:6  Only goodness and kindness follow me All the days of my life; And I shall dwell in the House of יהוה, To the length of days!



 It is true I have lost 13lbs within 30 days.  I have been doing sit ups on a workout ball, started out doing 200 now I am to 250, I do these every other day ( I have missed a few days due to busy schedules or sabbath). I don't do much for the exercise area, sometimes I'll turn on some music and dance/exercise with the children (they love it) But majority of the weight loss has been from my eating habits, I'm not really counting calories just because I am still nursing so I am making sure I am eating! but from just cutting sweets out of my diet has been HUGE! I am using natural sweeteners like raw honey and Pure Maple Syrup. I have noticed Honey and maple syrup hasn"t caused me to crave sugar but I am trying to make sure not to use it often. (Mainly use it for my teas)  I give thanks to my Yahweh for the strength took to make it these 31 days! WOW 31 DAYS! I'm in shock to that! My cravings have lightened up at home.... but going out, they do hit hard at times.  I have 52 more days to lose another 17 lbs..... Doesn't seem like much, but I know I have got to trust Yahweh to be my strength and lean not on my own understandings....

Pro 3:5  Trust in יהוה with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding;
Pro 3:6  Know Him in all your ways, And He makes all your paths straight.



Psa 107:1  Give thanks to יהוה! For He is good, For His kindness is everlasting.


So I will close with this prayer:

      Abba Yahweh Thank you! Thank you for all that you are doing in me and in my friends around all over the world. I ask for your continual guidance and strength in our times of weakness and confusion. We need you! We need Yahuhsua and the grace you have given us to walk this set-apart path. Help me not to lose focus or lose myself to the fleshly ways of this world. I love you YAHWEH! Thank you for all you have done and all that you are doing. It is only in Yahushua's name I pray. AMIEN!   


HALLELUYAH! Let's RUN!!

Sady

 Heb 12:1  We too, then, having so great a cloud of witnesses all around us, let us lay aside every weight and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race set before us,
Heb 12:2  looking to the Princely Leader and Perfecter of our belief, יהושע, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the stake, having despised the shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of Elohim.
 



 

1 comment: