Friday, February 10, 2012

Gluten Free Fun!

Well let's say I am enjoying trying to make foods work that don't involve wheat... That is one of my goals after my fast is to stay away from wheat, I love wheat, yummy fluffy breads and pastries! hehe... I see how full and yucky they make me feel after enjoying them. So I am slowing on a journey to go more to the gluten free side. We have rice galore so I am grinding it and I still have some left over gluten free gear from my last gluten free go-about. haha... 

Tonight for Shabbat I am making Chili and cornbread... so I will have to post how it turns out! I'm going gluten free on this one.. kind of making up my own which is probably not the greatest idea since gluten free baking is very very finicky! I have also enjoyed using masa flour (which is corn flour) to make corn tortilla's.. I love them when they are soft and warm with some guacamole! YUM! Anywho.... 

With tonight being Shabbat, I am making a dessert, Gluten free CupCakes! I'm having fun with this one as well and going to make Lemon-Ginger! Pray for me that all turns out... I found a pretty easy recipe in a magazine and thought'd try it out. 

Besides me going gluten-free I think it will help Gabe out as well.... He has always had a sensitive stomach towards wheat. So as I embrace it for myself I hope we can keep up with it and keep going to see if it helps everyone. We still have wheat and I will still make stuff with it, I don't want to waste the good stuff we have but it is fun trying new things out... if the recipes do turn out I will post them for you!!

Well got bunches to do.

Sady

 

2 comments:

  1. We're trying to go gluten free too! Mom made Zucchini Bread with gluten free flour! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jenna, how are you liking it? I enjoy being creative in the area of snacking. My cornbread and cupcakes turned out AWESOME! It was nice to enjoy them for shabbat! I think the one thing I really like about gluten free is not feeling overly full having a "bready like item". I will post about my cupcakes and cornbread here soon with recipes links from where I got them. Have a blessed my littls sis!

    Sady

    ReplyDelete