Thursday, February 16, 2012

Recipes!

This last Shabbat, I made some gluten free cupcakes and cornbread, they turned out wonderful!! 


Here are the recipes:

Lemon Ginger Cupcake!

This recipe I got from a magazine, It was a recipe I altered into gluten free thanks to the baker that makes them she gave a gluten free alternative! They were flavorful and had great texture, on the dry side but for the most part were fine. 

I got the recipe from a Mary Janes farm magazine. I was able to try out a free one, but I do not care to subscribe to it... so here is the recipe by April Hale Open Table Catering :

Makes 12 cup cakes, preheat oven to 400. grease a muffin pan set aside. 

1 1/4 cup white rice flour  (I used brown rice flour, all I had)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 salt
1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
2/3 cup sugar (i used sugar in the raw)
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 tsp vanilla ( I didn't use it, cause I did not have it!)
2 eggs, at room temperature
1/2 cup buttermilk, (Used reg. milk with lemon juice in it let sit out for 5 minutes)
1 1/2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1 1/2 tsp lemon zest ( I didn't have this as well)

 Add dry ingredients in medium bowl set aside, in large bowl add butter and sugar, mix in vanilla, then add one egg at a time. 

Add a third of the dry ingredients and buttermilk, alternate until all is mixed up.  Pour batter into muffin tin.  bake for about 15 minutes.  Let cool on rack or plate then frost!


 I made a simple frosting with Powder sugar, 2 tbsp butter, little milk, and lemon juice. (my own throw together)


NEXT Gluten-Free CORNBREAD!

Cornbread made with Masa Flour!

I scanned the internet for this recipe, one that wouldn't consist of a many gluten-free ingredients, I like keeping it simple... I have only a few ingredients to work with on a GF routine because some stuff is silly expensive!! This recipe I found on Gluten free mommy website! I altered it a little bit because I had Masa flour (corn flour) instead of cornmeal. Still turned out wonderfully great, not overly chewy or crumbly, perfect texture!! especially with the chili I made with it...  Here it is:


1 cup white rice flour (I used brown rice, measured less then a cup because of using masa flour)
3/4 cup stone-ground cornmeal (I used masa flour)
2 to 3 Tablespoons of sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon butter
2 beaten eggs
1 cup milk
1/4 cup melted butter

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Mix the dry ingredients (flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt) together in a med. bowl and set aside.

Melt the one tablespoon of butter in a 10 inch cast-iron skillet or 8/9 inch round baking pan in the oven. This takes about three minutes. Swirl the butter around the pan coating the bottom and sides.

In a small bowl, combine the eggs, milk, and 1/4 cup butter. Add this mixture all at once to the flour mixture and stir until just moistened. Pour batter into the hot skillet or baking pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean. Serve warm.


So there you have it!! I also have a Quinoa Pancake recipe that is wonderful... will be posting that soon!! 

Yahweh Bless

Sady
  
 
 

1 comment: