Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day 10

     I am really in awe that I have not had candy, chocolate or a sugary dessert for 10 days. ( I'm going be vulnerable for a minute) I like sweets, all kinds, I also love to bake. So not doing so or not eating sugar really shocks me. It has been a part of my life since, since... I don't know when. It saddens me to think about that but it also encourages me to know I am overcoming. I am overcoming a hold that has been on me for many years. It's silly! I know.... But it's the truth. I sit here shaking my head almost ready to start laughing but then again it makes me want to cry, cry because I have had this drive but didn't know how to pursue it, I allowed my flesh to rule and reign over me. I'm not saying for the rest of my life I will not eat sweets but I will use discipline..... but I am not going to talk about that right now since I am not having sweets till May! Better stop thinking about how I am going to eat something I won't be eating for a while. haha. 

     So if you my friends are on the same path as me, I pray you have great success and victory in this area of your life. I know what it means to want to feel freedom in an area that has caused frustration for who knows how long. If we follow His precepts we will find ourselves strengthen and acting wisely. It reminds me of Joshua 1:8..

Jos 1:8  “Do not let this Book of the Torah depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you guard to do according to all that is written in it. For then you shall make your way prosperous, and act wisely.
    
    I know overcoming can only come through one source and that is Yahushua Messiah (remember Yahushua also followed these precepts because He was the word made flesh John 1:14 and Matt 5:17). He took it all on.... everything that easily overcomes us he took on at the stake. Isaiah 53

Isa 53:4  Truly, He has borne our sicknesses and carried our pains. Yet we reckoned Him stricken, smitten by Elohim, and afflicted.
Isa 53:5  But He was pierced for our transgressions, He was crushed for our crookednesses. The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed.


     I pray Yahweh strength you on your journey, whatever it may be! I pray you have strength to overcome and become victorious through Messiah Yahushua! HalleluYAH!


  Let's run...

Sady

Heb 12:1  We too, then, having so great a cloud of witnesses all around us, let us lay aside every weight and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race set before us,
Heb 12:2  looking to the Princely Leader and Perfecter of our belief, יהושע, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the stake, having despised the shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of Elohim.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment