Saturday, February 19, 2011

Day 13... Noticing My Surroundings

  Thursday I went to the city with a friend of mine, we did some shopping, just picking up some odds and ends. When checking out at these stores I had to walk through isle's of gourmet goodies, tasty chocolates and fancy candies. I was surprised at how enticing it all was and how yummy it would be to sample some of it. It hit me how easy it was to reach out and grab these things and not think twice about it, to indulge in it because it was there for all to see and all to enjoy (once bought). I did not fall for this ply, but it was another test of "am I capable to succeed on the journey!" That day I was.... 


2Co 2:14  But thanks be to Elohim who always leads us on, to overcome in Messiah, and manifests through us the fragrance of His knowledge in every place.

  Thankful that I overcame these isle's I realized then I needed to take up my Armour! I have to be ready before hand to say "no" (something my husband always encourages me with, THANK YOU GABE!)... To fight the good fight (not just about food) but for other temptation and sin that is seeking it's prey.

Eph 6:10  For the rest, my brothers, be strong in the Master and in the mightiness of His strength.
Eph 6:11  Put on the complete armour of Elohim, for you to have power to stand against the schemes of the devil.
Eph 6:12  Because we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against authorities, against the world-rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual matters of wickedness in the heavenlies.
Eph 6:13  Because of this, take up the complete armour of Elohim, so that you have power to withstand in the wicked day, and having done all, to stand.
Eph 6:14  Stand, then, having girded your waist with truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness,
Eph 6:15  and having fitted your feet with the preparation of the Good News of peace;
Eph 6:16  above all, having taken up the shield of belief with which you shall have power to quench all the burning arrows of the wicked one.
Eph 6:17  Take also the helmet of deliverance, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of Elohim,1 Footnote: 1Isa. 59:21.
Eph 6:18  praying at all times, with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, watching in all perseverance and supplication for all the set-apart ones;
Eph 6:19  also for me, that a word might be given to me in the opening of my mouth, to be bold in making known the secret of the Good News, 

   I am going to gird up! Not saying that food or certain types of sugar are evil or sinful but for me it did play a role of satisfaction. I no longer desire that feeling from these simple and worthless foods. Foods that offer nothing to my body but complication or intense relief from hormonal problems (lol!) When reading the above scriptures I am encouraged that I can do it. Yahweh has made it possible to overcome all things through Messiah.... I don't have to be on my own in this journey I have one who sticks closer than a brother!

Pro 18:24  A man of many friends might come to ruin, But there is a Loving One Who sticks closer than a brother!

  On this Sabbath I pray you all find rest and that you all find victory in those things that might bog you down, might not be sweets or weight but whatever it is, YOU have every ability to overcome through Messiah.

Let's RUN!

Sady 

Heb 12:1  We too, then, having so great a cloud of witnesses all around us, let us lay aside every weight and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race set before us,
Heb 12:2  looking to the Princely Leader and Perfecter of our belief, יהושע, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the stake, having despised the shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of Elohim.


 

1 comment:

  1. Love your new look here:) It is true we all fight a battle of some sort and our flesh desires what it will but as you have said here, Abba has given us the power to overcome and the right to choose life "in the way" He has created for His own.

    May we all be blessed and strengthened in Abba. Thank you for your heart to share Sady!

    Love you

    ReplyDelete