Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day 27.

   Yesterday My husband and I did our bulk shopping for the month. It was fun because we were together and my mom watched the boys but it was overwhelming just because we went to an unfamiliar place called Omaha, Nebraska! lol. We hit Whole foods (I have missed it) and Costco (good ole faithful). While at both places though, my body slipped back into the old habitual clockwork of cravings... there were Isle's at these stores with enticing yummy treats for one person to enjoy continually! Now that I have been on this Race for 27 days (well 26 yesterday) It wasn't so hard the first few times, but as the day progressed so did the cravings.... I did not let my flesh win! Still though it shakes me to my core how I had let myself become molded by the things around me. How temptation broke me into submission. I still cry sometimes seeing how long I let it go! This time around I didn't allow myself to look or check out these isle's of temptation... I stayed on the path of good foods. (fresh, raw, ripe, natural) But even then I had to make choices ahead of time so as to not let myself have room to make excuses. Gabe was a major help as well! He saw to encourage me in my times of weakness! I am reminded of Psalm 18:



Psa 18:28  For You Yourself light my lamp; יהוה my Elohim makes my darkness light.
Psa 18:29  For with You I run against a band, And with my Elohim I leap over a wall.
Psa 18:30  The Ěl – His way is perfect; The Word of יהוה is proven1; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him.
Psa 18:31  For who is Eloah, besides יהוה? And who is a rock, except our Elohim?
Psa 18:32  It is Ěl who girds me with strength, And makes my way perfect,
Psa 18:33  Making my feet like the feet of deer, And sets me on my high places,
Psa 18:34  Teaching my hands for battle, So that my arms shall bend a bow of bronze.
Psa 18:35  And You give me the shield of Your deliverance; And Your right hand supports me, And Your lowliness makes me great.
Psa 18:36  You enlarge my step under me; And my feet shall not slip.
Psa 18:37  I pursue my enemies and overtake them; And do not turn back till they are destroyed.
Psa 18:38  I crush them, and they are unable to rise; They fall under my feet.
Psa 18:39  And You gird me with strength for battle; Cause my adversaries to bow under me.


How wonderful is that!?! To know I have strength to win this fight, this battle over my flesh! Yesterday I saw victory in my life... I saw the strength of Yahweh bring me to a place of overcoming myself and pursuing freedom for my life. HalleluYAH! 

I am ready to keep going... I'm going to Run this Race! 

Let's Run.

Sady
Heb 12:1  We too, then, having so great a cloud of witnesses all around us, let us lay aside every weight and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race set before us,
Heb 12:2  looking to the Princely Leader and Perfecter of our belief, יהושע, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the stake, having despised the shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of Elohim.


1 comment:

  1. Hope all is going well I think your doing a wonderful thing for your family, keep looking to the Savior for strength,you are an encouragement to those you meet. Janice Assman

    ReplyDelete