Sunday, March 13, 2011

Day 35... another change...

  I have some new news! My race is being extended to June 12th, but my goal of 30lbs is still on for May 1st. but will be excited to see what goals I will start setting beyond that time.

  I'm going to get personal here: I have battled with a Candida overgrowth for some time..... well... just about 8 years. For so long I just ignored it, I wasn't willing to give up my lifestyle for it. I will tell you by ignoring it, I still suffered through it. I have it in a couple places on my body... oh does it itch itch itch... of course my way of treating it was to scratch, though the problem is not outward but inward I needed to change my eating habits. Well since I have been on this "Race" with my weight and my sugar problems, Gabe and I decided to keep going and start up our Candida Diet plan. I will say my flesh was much against this Idea, just the fact of having to give up my natural sweets (as in fruit, dried fruit, honey, maple syrup, wheat, milk, cheese and the list goes on.) brought me back to square one once more. I'm not running this Race to fancy my flesh, to make it feel good, but in fact of getting comfortable with another routine yet still living with pains from my old lifestyle. So we are striping down this race to bare essentials.


Candida : any of a genus (Candida) of parasitic fungi that resemble yeasts, occur especially in the mouth, vagina, and intestinal tract where they are usually benign but can become pathogenic, and have been grouped with the imperfect fungi but are now often placed with the ascomycetes; especially : one (C. albicans) causing thrush  (www.merriam-webster.com)

I am still in shock and kind of scared to go completely cold turkey like this, I even cried in my kitchen while fixing lunch. I know it will be hard. It will be a lifestyle unlike any other (for me that is). 


Foods I can Eat: Vegetables, Proteins (beef, chicken, eggs & fish), Live Yoghurt Cultures, Nuts and Seeds (except peanuts), oils, herbal teas, NON-glutenous grains (buckwheat, millet, amaranth, wild or brown rice, Quinoa), Herbs and Spices, Sea Salt & Lemon Juice, certain types of oils & Apple Cider Vinegar.


Foods I can not Eat: Sugars, fresh fruit, dried fruit, canned fruit, fruit juice, Glutinous Grains (wheat, rye, barley, oats...etc.), caffeine and teas, Alcohol, certain types of fats and oils, cheese, additives and preservatives, vinegars (except for Apple Cider) 


  Though I am overwhelmed I am also like "I have got to do this" I have been praying and praying for this to go away, but all I can hear is Yahweh saying "it's time to let go and time to overcome". I feel His peace, I know if I were completely restored from this candida (I know I could be by faith through Yahushua the Messiah) I know I would be right back to eating a poor diet giving the flesh an excuse. I know Yahweh is about victory and overcoming, He wants us to be free, not lazy. not full of excuses. He wants to see His people thrive on what he has created to eat not what man has made up to make life easier. We have to remember healing can come but we have to know how to maintain that healing, how to use discernment with the way we treat our bodies.

Rom 12:1  I call upon you, therefore, brothers, through the compassion of Elohim, to present your bodies a living offering – set-apart, well-pleasing to Elohim – your reasonable worship.
Rom 12:2  And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you prove what is that good and well-pleasing and perfect desire of Elohim.


  I want to maintain not only an outward health but an inward as well. So, I am all for this change, it is not going to be easy but I started this Race 35 days ago and You know what, I prayed to see victory in my life and this is something I thought I couldn't do, I'm now going to do this through the strength of my Yahushua.

Php 4:13  I have strength to do all, through Messiah who empowers me.

Eph 6:10  For the rest, my brothers, be strong in the Master and in the mightiness of His strength.
Eph 6:11  Put on the complete armour of Elohim, for you to have power to stand against the schemes of the devil.



1Peter 4:11  If anyone speaks, let it be as the Words of Elohim. If anyone serves, let it be as with the strength which Elohim provides, so that Elohim might be praised in it all through יהושע Messiah, to whom belong the esteem and the rule forever and ever. Amĕn.


 I pray that in all I do I do it for my Heavenly Father, that His esteem be shown through it all. I'm excited to see victory in my health. For myself, for my Hubby and for my children. To know they aren't going to battle my battles of food addiction. They aren't going to need food to fulfill who they are. They aren't going to "live to eat", they are going to "Eat to Live". (neither am I NOW!) HalleluYAH! HALLELUYAH!

 So now here I go this is Day 35 but also Day 2. haha....I ask all you out there reading this to once again be my prayer partners for this time of understanding and overcoming obstacles that lay ahead. that I would find FREEDOM for my whole health. FREEDOM! HalleluYAH!

Let's Run! 


Sady


Heb 12:1  We too, then, having so great a cloud of witnesses all around us, let us lay aside every weight and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race set before us,
Heb 12:2  looking to the Princely Leader and Perfecter of our belief, יהושע, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the stake, having despised the shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of Elohim.




 

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, I may be dealing with the same thing. I told Hector a couple days ago I wish this itch would just stop already. It is DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!!! I told him I KNOW it's not a yeast infection but it has to be something and girl I think you may have just helped me!!

    ReplyDelete